Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Boatneck Collar? I think so!

There's something about loose floaty dresses that gets me every time. This dress was no exception. I like clothes with silky fabric that fall beautifully once their on. I like the kind of fabric that skims over your body and flows seamlessly with a sudden gust of wind. 

When I saw this dress in the vintage store, it was originally one of those long grandma looking dresses, but once I tried it on I could see the potential it had. With a quick use of some scissors and sewing machine I hemmed it to resemble a retro 60's mini dress.

I'm not usually a fan of boatneck collars as I think they sit strange. However, I couldn't resist the retro feel it possessed paired with the geometric print. I wore this dress to university the other day and teamed it with some simple gladiator flats and a vintage Gucci belt I found in an op shop.



 Boatneck Collar Dress - Vintage
Gladiator Sandals - Barkins
Gucci Belt - Vintage



 




No comments:

Post a Comment