Monday, November 15, 2010

something you should read.

I thought I would share with you something that I feel passionate about. I strongly believe and have done for so long that people should be able to love whoever they want, regardless of gender. 




Who you choose to like/love is up to you as an individual and any religion that restricts this is not a worthwhile religion to be apart of. What religion would want you to stop being who you are? To reject who you love because it doesn't fit with their teachings? I think that is so wrong and partly why I choose to not be apart of any religion.


 However, being human many people reject the unknown. We are brought up around male/female relationships and anything other than that is labeled "not normal" or "wrong." This angers me when people are naive and are not open to new things or reject those closest to them based on who they choose to love. 

I think having an open mind about the world is one of the most important aspects to being a human. It is human nature to reject the unknown, however, I choose to reject human nature and make my own "norms." 



We shouldn't accept everything that is projected onto us by society, we should be critical and analyze whether it is right for us or not? We are our own person, a person that we choose who we want to be. 



Anyway, enough of me ranting, you choose what you want to believe :)

3 comments:

  1. you just wrote something so true!

    "We shouldn't accept everything that is projected onto us by society, we should be critical and analyze whether it is right for us or not? We are our own person, a person that we choose who we want to be. "

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can shine whatever you are made of

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad we all agree :) thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete